Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kitchen Project

So this was the kitchen project this winter. Candice had the idea of getting rid of the small cabinet next to the fridge, moving the fridge over, and putting it into the wall so the kitchen would be wider, about two and a half to three feet wider. I took the first pic after the cabinet was already pulled out, I always forget to take them before I start. Then I had to cut out some drywall where the fridge was going to go. The fun stuff was moving the light switches to the other wall. I did drill a little wide the first time and made a hole in the wall next to where they were going to go so I had to patch it. Luckily we had bought extra tile so I could break out some of the old stuff that I did 2 years ago and redo it to match the pattern that we did with the cabinet there. Last was the worst part, in the last pic you see the cabinet that we had made to put next to the fridge to bring the wood back to the other side of the kitchen, when I cut the hole for that I had to move the water lines that ran over to the sink. The cabinet had to go right over where they were. I extended the lines and pushed them to the side and put the cabinet in the wall. Only one injury during the whole process, I managed to smash Bryce's finger between the wall and the cabinet as he was helping me lift it into place. In all I think Candice had a great idea and I should have done it when she first told me she wanted to, witch was about a year and a half ago. I kept putting it off telling her it would be a long project, come to find out it only took about two days worth of work.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

You are so handy! You are putting so much work into your house! It's never going to be worth it to move because of all this work!

Gibbons Family said...

I am still so impressed with the kitchen... you did such a great job! And I am also very impressed on all the blogging! Good job, I love looking at pictures of the family - we miss you guys tons!

coleenea said...

Looks AWESOME!